|03-17-2005, 12:57 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Blood Mountain
Rep Power: 17
Mike Patton Interview
Brought to you by: Schooby's Site (http://www.geocities.com/bringmetheh...ninterview.htm)
General Patton vs Admiral Schooby
What kind of literature are you reading at the moment?
(Princess Peach, Ireland.)
* None, I'm reading these e-mails.
If you were to compile an "Under The Influence"album, containing your early influences, who would you put on it?
* Slayer,Sinatra,Sade only artists that begin with "S".
How would you feel if you were asked questions specifically designed to irritate you?
* It happens everyday so I'm used to it. Questions don't really bother me. They are easy to ignore. There are more important things that can irritate me.
Why is everything you have ever made devoid of any emotion or connection with the audience?
(Self facilitating media node, Ireland.)
* Because I am a sad, disconnected lonely guy. I'm not into that artiste pouring his/her guts out, emo bullshit thing.
Could you explain the exact involvement you had in Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas, and why they mentioned you in the "Thank You" section of the manual?
* I guess they are just fans. I took them to Jumbo's Clown Room in Hollywood and got them laid by transvestites. Now I'm going to be doing some music for them.
Have you spoken to Trey Spruance since Bungle officially bit the bullet?
* No. That band bit the bullet YEARS ago.
(Note- Is this a sore spot for Patton? He seems to dodge the particulars of the question. Next time, I'll ask him "why"- Shooby)
Plans for 2005: now we have General Patton, in April - Fantomas. But what's next? Tomahawk? Peeping Tom? Or maybe others collaborations - with Rahzel or someone else? Maybe new band?
* Yeah, Peeping Tom and Tomahawk.
Do You read comics? If 'yes' - which titles?
Records, tours, Ipecac and many others, but do you have time for Your wife? What does she says about your lifestyle?
* I always have time for my wife. It is a messed up lifestyle but it has its perks. She knew what she was getting into.
Why doesn't Ipecac put out more vinyl?
* Because it is expensive to make and very few people want it.
Who's got the best chinese food in SF?
* That is a tough one. It's almost all good here.
Are there any plans in motion for a 2nd Geek tour in Australia?
* Not yet, but am sure there will be.
Which Musicians will be involved with Peeping Tom?
* Too many to list. Dale Crover, Amon Tobin, kid Koala, Dan the Automator, Kool Kieth, Dalek, Muggs etc.
Will there be more Tomahawk in 2005?
* I don't know if we will get it done til 2006.
How did you hook up with Rahzel?
* Saw each other at a festival and became mutual admirers.
How early on did you start using technology to twist your voice and make horrible sounds?
* I don't remember the exact date. High School I guess.
Is there going to be a Rahzel/Patton album or is that collaboration sticking to the live/improv format?
* Would love to do something in the studio but it works best live when you actually get to see Rahzel at work!
Would you rather be blind or deaf?
* No. I like myself how I am now.
Can anyone learn to make great music, or does it have to come naturally?
* I think it has to come naturally. I wish it worked for me.
Can you remember your first song. if so what was it like, when did it happen, or have you been writing music for as long as you can remember?
(Repulsive Toad, Ireland.)
* It was stupid. I did not know better.
Thanks to Mike Patton and www.ipecac.com.
Paradise Lost? Found it!
Last edited by Giant Robot : 03-17-2005 at 02:26 AM.