Characteristics of high purity graphite powder
Recently, the EU proclaimed new sanctions on Russia, including coal, timber, rubber, cement, and fertilizer, as well as high-end seafood Spherical graphite C powder.
Spherical graphite overview
Spherical graphite is made of high-quality, high-carbon natural flake graphite as raw materials. The graphite surface is modified by advanced processing technology to produce graphite products with different fineness and similar shape to an ellipse.
The main index to measure the quality of spherical graphite
One is the physical performance indicators: including particle size (D50, μm), tap density (g/cm3), specific surface area (m2/g), moisture (%), fixed carbon (%)
The second is the electrochemical performance indicators: Coulomb efficiency (%), charging capacity (mAh/g), cycle life (cycles)
In the process of spheroidal graphite processing, graphite dry concentrate is first crushed, trimmed, and magnetically separated in the spheroidal graphite workshop to form the primary product spheroidal graphite, and then enter the purification workshop to become spheroidal graphite (high purity) after high purity. -Temperature purification.
The chemical properties of graphite powder are relatively stable at room temperature, and are insoluble in water, dilute acids, dilute alkalis and organic solvents. Under heating, graphite powder is more likely to be oxidized by acid; at high temperatures, it can also react with a variety of metals to form metal carbides, which can be used to smelt metals at high temperatures.
Graphite powder is a chemically sensitive substance. Its resistivity will change in different environments, that is, its resistance value will change, but one thing will not change. Graphite powder is a very good non-metallic conductive material. As long as the graphite powder is uninterrupted in the insulating object, it will be energized like a thin wire.
Due to its special structure, graphite powder has the following special properties:
1) High temperature resistant type: The melting point of graphite is 3850±50℃, and the boiling point is 4250℃. Even if burned by the ultra-high temperature arc, the weight loss is very small, and the thermal expansion coefficient is also very small. The strength of graphite powder increases with increasing temperature. At 2000°C, the strength of graphite doubles.
2) Electrical and thermal conductivity: The electrical conductivity of graphite is one hundred times higher than that of general non-metallic minerals. The thermal conductivity exceeds that of metal materials such as steel, iron, and lead. Thermal conductivity decreases with increasing temperature, and graphite becomes an insulator even at extremely high temperatures.
3) Lubricity: The lubricating performance of graphite powder depends on the size of the graphite flakes. The larger the flake, the smaller the friction coefficient and the better the lubrication performance.
4) Chemical stability: Graphite powder has good chemical stability at room temperature, and is resistant to corrosion by acids, alkalis and organic solvents.
5) Plasticity: Graphite powder has good toughness and can be connected into very thin flakes.
6) Thermal shock resistance: Graphite powder can withstand drastic temperature changes without being damaged when used at room temperature. When the temperature changes suddenly, the volume of graphite does not change much, and cracks will not occur.
Application of spherical graphite
Spherical graphite material has the characteristics of good conductivity, high crystallinity, low cost, high theoretical lithium insertion capacity, low charge and discharge potential, and high flatness. It is an important part of lithium ion battery anode material and is used as lithium ion anode material. Domestic and foreign battery production. Material replacement products. It has excellent electrical conductivity and chemical stability, high charge and discharge capacity, long cycle life, and environmental protection.
Spherical graphite price
The natural graphite market fell slightly this week, and there is still momentum for subsequent declines. The supply of small-scale graphite in Luobei area of Hegang is normal, but the downstream refractory materials continue to be sluggish, the peak demand season is not strong, the growth rate of lithium batteries has slowed, and the production capacity of spheroidized graphite is further expanded. The market outlook is not very optimistic for some time in the future.
In the first half of 2019, the supply pattern of the domestic natural graphite market has changed significantly. The domestic mining volume has declined, and the import volume has surged. Under the pressure of environmental protection, the downstream demand has not increased significantly, but the market is instantly saturated.
At present, the enthusiasm for the development of graphite mines in Africa is increasing, but according to current market estimates, the profit of graphite is not much.
At the same time, more than 31 million tons of ore were discovered in the Miaoping Graphite Mine Exploration Area in Nanjiang County, with a mineral output of 1.4 million tons and an average grade of 4.46%. The prospective ore is expected to exceed 150 million tons, and the mine output is expected to exceed 7 million tons. Up to now, Pakistan and China have discovered 115 million tons of ore, 8.2 million tons of minerals, and more than 250 million tons of prospective ore. If mining, it will further impact the Chinese graphite market.
The price of spherical graphite varies randomly with factors such as production cost, transportation cost, international situation, exchange rate, and supply and demand of spherical graphite market. Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. aims to help various industries and chemical wholesalers find high-quality, low-cost nanomaterials and chemicals by providing a full set of customized services. If you are looking for spherical graphite products, please feel free to contact me for the latest prices of spherical graphite products.
Spherical graphite suppliers
As a global spherical graphite supplier, Tanki New Materials Co., Ltd. has extensive experience in the performance, application and cost-effective manufacturing of advanced engineering materials. The company has successfully developed a series of powder materials (including oxides, carbides, nitrides), single metals, etc.), high-purity targets, functional ceramics and structural devices, and provides OEM services.
|Spherical Graphite Properties|
|Other Names||graphite powder, spherical graphite powder|
|Melting Point||3652-3697 °C|
|Boiling Point||4200 °C|
|Solubility in H2O||N/A|
|Tensile Strength||18 MPa (Ultimate)|
|Thermal Conductivity||6.0 W/m-K|
|Thermal Expansion||4.9 µm/m-K|
|Young's Modulus||21 Gpa|
|Spherical Graphite Health & Safety Information|
The war in Russia and Ukraine is roiling global financial markets. Russia and Ukraine are important commodity suppliers in the world, so their conflict is bound to make a full impact on the global commodity supply. In view of this, the price of the Spherical graphite C powder may continue to rise in the future.