What is Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder?
Commodity prices are on track for their biggest rally in more than a century, while fixed-income assets have seen their longest run of outflows as the war in Ukraine adds to inflationary pressures in the global economy emerging from the coronavirus lockdown, according to Bank of America.
"Commodity prices this year are on track to record their biggest gains since 1915." the bank said in its weekly briefing. They cite many factors, such as pandemics, lockdown, civil strife, wars, excessive monetary and fiscal stimulus, and supply chain disruptions, that have led to "historically" high inflation.
By the same token, it said government bonds were heading for their worst year since 1949, and "negative-yielding bonds will quietly disappear" from the market as central banks embark on a monetary tightening cycle and raise interest rates to tame soaring inflation.
The prices of many commodities like the MnO2 are expected to increase in the future.
Introduction to Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
Manganese dioxide is also known as manganese peroxide or black manganese oxide. It is the oxide of tetravalent manganese. The chemical formula is MnO2. The fHm (298K) is -520.71kJ/mol, the melting point is 847℃, and the density is 5.026 g/cm3. The natural MnO2 exists in pyrolusite, and it is a black rhombic crystal or black-brown powder. It has a tetrahedral lattice, which is amphoteric manganese oxide. It is insoluble in water and nitric acid, but gives off oxygen and forms manganese sulfate in hot concentrated sulfuric acid and is chlorinated to manganese chloride in hydrochloric acid. It is fused with caustic soda and oxidant, giving off carbon dioxide to form permanganate. Manganese dioxide is a strong oxidant and can cause combustion and explosion by friction or co-heating with organic matter or other oxidable substances such as sulfur, sulfide, and phosphide. The product exhibits reducibility with strong oxidants such as hydrogen peroxide. MnO2 is converted into Mn2O3 when heated above 480℃ in air, and Mn3O4 when heated above 900℃. It is widely used in steelmaking, glass, ceramics, dry cells, etc.
In nature, it exists in the form of pyrolusite and hard manganese ore. It can be extracted from pyrolusite, and can also be prepared by heating decomposition of manganese nitrate or electrolytic manganese dioxide salt. γ -Mno2 is active and can be used as a cathode material for batteries to eliminate polarization. Manganese dioxide can be used as a rust remover, oxidizer, dry battery drying agent, and paint drying agent, also used in manganese salt preparation and the glass industry.
Physicochemical Properties of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
For manganese dioxide, oxygen atoms are at the top of the octahedron corner and manganese atoms in the octahedron. Octahedron is connected to form a single chain or double chain, forming a tunnel structure of the gap, octahedron, or hexagonal dense or square dense accumulation. Oxidizability: Manganese dioxide is a non-salt oxide, non-amphoteric oxide which does not react with either acid or base. In the presence of reducing agents, is oxidizing. Such as manganese dioxide into the hydrogen flow heating to 1400K to get manganese oxide. Manganese dioxide is heated in an ammonia gas stream to obtain brown and black manganese trioxide. Manganese dioxide is reacted with concentrated hydrochloric acid to obtain manganese chloride, chlorine gas, and water.
In the presence of strong oxidants, it also exhibits reducibility. If the manganese dioxide, potassium carbonate, and potassium nitrate or potassium chlorate mixed melting, people can get dark green melt, melt it in water cooling people can get six valence manganese compound potassium manganate. It is a strong oxidant in an acid medium. Strong oxidant, does not burn on its own, but it aids combustion, so please do not place it with flammable materials.
|Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder Properties
||manganese oxide, MnO2 powder
|Solubility in H2O
Manganese Dioxide MnO2 CAS 1313-13-9
Applications of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
1. Manganese dioxide is a very good decolorizing agent in the glass manufacturing industry, which can oxidize low ferric salt to high ferric salt, so that the blue-green glass into weak yellow.
2. In the electronic industry it is used to produce manganese zinc ferrite magnetic materials.
3. Used as the raw material of iron and manganese alloy in the steelmaking industry and heating agent in the casting industry.
4. Used in gas masks to absorb carbon monoxide.
5. In the chemical industry it can be used as an oxidant, catalyst for organic synthesis, paint, and ink desiccant.
6. Used as an accelerant for match industry, as a raw material for glaze medicine of ceramics and enamel and manganese salt.
7. Used for fireworks, water purification, iron removal, medicine, fertilizer and textile printing, dyeing, etc.
8. Electrolytic manganese dioxide is an excellent depolarizing agent of battery. Compared with the dry battery produced by natural discharge manganese dioxide, it has the characteristics of large discharge capacity, strong activity, small volume, and long life, so electrolytic manganese dioxide has become a very important raw material in the battery industry.
9. Electrolytic manganese dioxide due to its strong catalytic, oxidation/reduction, ion exchange, and adsorption capacity, after treatment and molding, it is a comprehensive excellent water purification filter material. Compared with the common use of activated carbon, zeolite, and other water purification filter material, it has a stronger ability to decolorize and remove metal.
Main Supplier of Manganese Dioxide MnO2 Powder
Luoyang Tongrun Nano Technology Co. Ltd. (TRUNNANO) is a trusted global chemical material supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and Nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you are looking for high-quality manganese dioxide MnO2 powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])
Because of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, there is a shortage of natural gas supply. At the same time, other renewable energy sources cannot produce enough electricity, so electricity prices have soared in many countries of the world. For this reason, I assume the supply and prices of the MnO2 would keep being influenced by the high energy prices.